The Rams (21-5, 12-2) scored 35 points off 28 turnovers by the Tigers (1-25, 1-13). Eleven different players combined to make 19 steals for VCU, which came in averaging 9.9 per game, fourth best in the nation.
VCU closed the first half with a 12-4 run for a 32-20 lead at the break, and it never led by fewer than 11 points in the second half.
D.J. Haley added 10 points and 11 rebounds for the Rams, and Darius Theus led them in steals with four.
Robert Nwankwo paced Towson with 19 points and nine rebounds.
- After trying year at Kansas, Josh Selby thriving as draft nears
- Texas Tech upsets No. 14 Iowa State 85-82 in OT
- Tulsa rallies to hand No. 16 SMU 1st home loss 82-77
- Thornwell leads South Carolina to 94-83 win over LSU
- Hayes, Brown lead Wisconsin to 72-61 win over Nebraska
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics