Saddler leads Delaware past UNC Wilmington 71-53Wednesday, Feb 8, 2012
NEWARK, Del. (AP)—Devon Saddler scored 24 points as Delaware defeated UNC Wilmington 71-53 Wednesday night for its third consecutive victory.
The Blue Hens (12-12, 8-6) trailed 29-28 after Keith Rendleman started the second half by hitting a jumper for the Seahawks (9-15, 5-9). Delaware responded with a 14-2 run, including seven points by Jamelle Hagins, for a 42-31 lead with 13:37 remaining.
Hagins finished with 15 points and seven rebounds.
Saddler scored all 14 of his second-half points in the final 11:41 as the Blue Hens padded their lead to as many as 20 points, 71-51, with 19 seconds left.
Delaware outscored UNC Wilmington 36-16 inside the paint and took advantage of 17 Seahawks turnovers to score 20 points. UNC Wilmington managed just four points on seven Blue Hens turnovers.
Rendleman scored 17 points and grabbed seven rebounds for the Seahawks, while Cedrick Williams had 10 rebounds.
- Saddler leads Delaware past UNC Wilmington 71-53
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul