South Carolina-Upstate beats Kennesaw State 70-58Monday, Feb 6, 2012
The Spartans (15-10, 8-4 Atlantic Sun Conference) held Kennesaw State (3-22, 0-13) to just 26.9 percent shooting in the first half (7 of 26) en route to their fifth win in six games.
The Spartans led 27-19 with 6:07 left in the first half before going 3-for-3 from the field during the next 1:55. Babatunde Olumuyiwa capped the 8-0 run with his only points of the game, a dunk, with 4:12 to go until halftime.
The dunk came off an offensive board for S.C.-Upstate, which outrebounded the Owls 38-32.
Ty Greene added 14 points, Ricardo Glenn 12 and Adrian Rogers 10 for the Spartans.
Kennesaw State was led by Delbert Love with 19 points and Markeith Cummings with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
- South Carolina-Upstate beats Kennesaw State 70-58
- Men broke key race barrier, now back on Vanderbilt campus
- Richmond promoted on Mullin's staff
- GW names Joseph interim coach, replacing fired Lonergan
- Indiana uncertain how long Hartman will be out after surgery
- Northwestern to play 2017-18 home games in Rosemont