South Carolina-Upstate beats Kennesaw State 70-58Monday, Feb 6, 2012
The Spartans (15-10, 8-4 Atlantic Sun Conference) held Kennesaw State (3-22, 0-13) to just 26.9 percent shooting in the first half (7 of 26) en route to their fifth win in six games.
The Spartans led 27-19 with 6:07 left in the first half before going 3-for-3 from the field during the next 1:55. Babatunde Olumuyiwa capped the 8-0 run with his only points of the game, a dunk, with 4:12 to go until halftime.
The dunk came off an offensive board for S.C.-Upstate, which outrebounded the Owls 38-32.
Ty Greene added 14 points, Ricardo Glenn 12 and Adrian Rogers 10 for the Spartans.
Kennesaw State was led by Delbert Love with 19 points and Markeith Cummings with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
- South Carolina-Upstate beats Kennesaw State 70-58
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA