South Carolina-Upstate beats Kennesaw State 70-58Monday, Feb 6, 2012
The Spartans (15-10, 8-4 Atlantic Sun Conference) held Kennesaw State (3-22, 0-13) to just 26.9 percent shooting in the first half (7 of 26) en route to their fifth win in six games.
The Spartans led 27-19 with 6:07 left in the first half before going 3-for-3 from the field during the next 1:55. Babatunde Olumuyiwa capped the 8-0 run with his only points of the game, a dunk, with 4:12 to go until halftime.
The dunk came off an offensive board for S.C.-Upstate, which outrebounded the Owls 38-32.
Ty Greene added 14 points, Ricardo Glenn 12 and Adrian Rogers 10 for the Spartans.
Kennesaw State was led by Delbert Love with 19 points and Markeith Cummings with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
- South Carolina-Upstate beats Kennesaw State 70-58
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game