Savannah State holds off Texas A&M-CC 55-49Monday, Feb 6, 2012
SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP)—Arnold Louis had his fourth straight double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds off the bench as Savannah State held off Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 55-49 Monday night for the Tigers’ sixth straight victory.
Savannah State (14-10) led 12-4 en route to a 24-15 halftime advantage.
Led by Myron Dempsey with 14 points and 11 rebounds, the Islanders (4-19) tied the game three times, the last at 33-33 with 9:59 remaining. The Tigers then used an 11-3 run to pull away.
Savannah State shot better in the first half, 30.8 percent (8 of 26) to 21.7 percent (5 of 23), but Texas A&M CC had the second-half advantage, 45.2 percent (14 of 31) to 37.5 percent (9 of 24).
Rashad Hassan and Joshua Montgomery added 10 points each for the Tigers, who made 16 of 25 free throws compared to 5 of 15 for the Islanders, who have lost four straight.
- Savannah State holds off Texas A&M-CC 55-49
- No. 8 North Carolina keeps rolling, tops Pitt 85-67
- Knee contusion sidelines Kentucky's Fox against Florida
- Duke's Grayson Allen out for Miami game with ankle issue
- No. 18 Virginia snaps 4-game skid, beats NC State 70-55
- Milton scores 20 to help No. 15 SMU beat UConn