Brown leads Longhorns to 70-68 win over Texas A&MBy KRISTIE RIEKEN, AP Sports Writer Monday, Feb 6, 2012
The win is the Longhorns’ fifth straight over A&M in the last regular-season Big 12 meeting between these schools with the Aggies leaving for the Southeastern Conference.
Brown’s free throws with 17 seconds remaining made it 70-67. Elston Turner was fouled before he could get a shot off on the other end. He made one free throw and missed the second one, and Julien Lewis grabbed the rebound to cap the Texas win.
Brown led the Longhorns (15-9, 5-6) with 20 points and Sheldon McClellan added 15.
Turner had 20 points for Texas A&M (12-11, 3-8), which has dropped three straight.
- Get tickets now: Texas-OU might play in new Cowboys Stadium
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case