The forward also had two of the five blocks for the Bulldogs, who outrebounded Longwood 45-25. South Carolina State (5-18) outscored the Lancers 25-8 on second-chances and 28-16 in the paint.
Devin Joint paced the Bulldogs with 16 points, going 5 of 9 from 3-point range.
South Carolina State shot 43.5 percent from the field (27 of 62), making 10 of 24 (41.7 percent) from 3-point range.
The Lancers (8-15) were led by Antwan Carter with 19 points and 12 rebounds.
Tristan Carey added 18 points and Martiz Washington 10 for Longwood, which played without guard Jeremiah Bowman for the first time this season. Bowman, who averaged 13.5 points and six assists per game, was suspended indefinitely for violation of the school’s student-athlete code of conduct Feb. 3.
- South Carolina State defeats Longwood 74-58
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Florida freshman Bassett to miss season with stress fracture
- Izzo isn't sure what to expect from new-look Michigan State
- Eustachy to remain with Colorado St. through 2020-21 season
- NC State hires ex-Kansas State coach Asbury as analyst