North Florida drops Florida Gulf Coast 68-62Monday, Feb 6, 2012
Jerron Granberry added 14 points, hitting four 3s of his own for the Ospreys (13-13, 7-6 Atlantic Sun Conference), who were 11 of 19 from long distance (57.9 percent).
The Eagles were just 5 of 19 from beyond the arc (26.3 percent) in the loss.
The Ospreys led by three points at the break and outscored the Eagles 31-28 in the second half to clinch the close contest between in-state foes.
North Florida has now won back-to-back games, four of five and completed the regular-season sweep against FGC. The Ospreys also beat the Eagles in overtime on Jan. 7.
Sherwood Brown also finished with 23 points to pace the Eagles (12-12, 7-6), who have lost two of their last three in the wake of a three-game winning streak.
- North Florida drops Florida Gulf Coast 68-62
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2