Mississippi Valley State beats Alabama A&M 78-64Monday, Feb 6, 2012
The Delta Devils (12-11, 11-0 Southwestern Athletic Conference) shot 50 percent from the field (13 of 26) and outscored Alabama A&M 47-34 in the second half.
It was a school record 11th straight win for the conference-leading Delta Devils.
The Bulldogs (5-15, 3-8) took a 36-35 lead 2:36 into the second half, but MVSU responded with five straight, and wasn’t threatened the rest of the way. The Delta Devils increased their lead by as many as 16 points three times.
Cor-J Cox, who scored all his points in the second half, Paul Crosby and Brent Arrington added 12 points each for MVSU.
Casey Canty led four Alabama A&M players with 20 points. Demarquelle Tabb chipped in 12, Brandon Ellis 11 and Jeremy Crutcher 10 for the Bulldogs.
- Mississippi Valley State beats Alabama A&M 78-64
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win