Arkansas-Pine Bluff edges Alabama State 62-61Tuesday, Feb 7, 2012
Lazabian Jackson added 14 points and nine rebounds for the Golden Lions (5-19, 4-7 Southwestern Athletic).
Phillip Crawford’s 17 points paced the Hornets (8-15, 5-6), who dropped their second straight. Jeff Middlebrooks added 14 and Ivory White 13, while Jonathan Jefferson grabbed 10 rebounds.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff bolted to a 19-point first-half lead and was still up 43-26 with 17:51 left before Alabama State clawed back.
The Hornets got two 3-pointers from Ryan Watts during a 12-0 run that cut it to 43-28 with 12:44 left.
Jackson’s dunk with 1:57 to go put the Golden Lions up 61-56, and Clay Johnson’s free throw made it 62-59 1:07 later. White brought the Hornets within 62-61 with two foul shots with 22 seconds left, but Pine Bluff held on.
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff edges Alabama State 62-61
- UT Arlington beats Top 25 team first time in program history
- FSU scores most under Hamilton in 118-63 rout of Nicholls
- Former Baylor AD and basketball coach Menefee dies at 95
- Late free throw gives Indiana State win over No. 16 Butler
- No. 7 North Carolina holds off Davidson 83-74