Perry leads Youngstown State past Loyola 80-63Sunday, Feb 5, 2012
CHICAGO (AP)—Kendrick Perry’s 28 points led Youngstown State to an 80-63 victory over Loyola of Chicago on Sunday.
Perry, a sophomore who nearly matched his career best of 30 set last Tuesday in a win at Milwaukee, was 11 for 14 from the field on Sunday, and also contributed seven steals and six assists.
Blake Allen scored 19 points, Damian Eargle added 12 and Ashen Ward finished with 11 points for the Penguins (13-10, 8-5), whose Horizon League win total is their highest since joining 11 seasons ago. They shot 63 percent from the field on Sunday.
Youngstown led 37-30 at halftime, began the second half with a 9-0 run and led by double figures the rest of the way.
Walt Gibler led the Ramblers with 18 points and Jordan Hicks added 16. Loyola (5-18, 0-13) has dropped 11 straight since beating Canisius on Dec. 22.
- Perry leads Youngstown State past Loyola 80-63
- Richmond promoted on Mullin's staff
- GW names Joseph interim coach, replacing fired Lonergan
- Indiana uncertain how long Hartman will be out after surgery
- Northwestern to play 2017-18 home games in Rosemont
- Pac-12 Commissioner Scott has no issue with pregame protests