Morrison, Oral Roberts top North Dakota St. 85-76Saturday, Feb 4, 2012
Morrison made 10 of 17 shots, including two 3-pointers, and went 14 of 16 from the free throw line for the Golden Eagles (21-5, 13-1 Summit League). Morrison’s 27 points in the second half included all 14 free throws.
Damen Bell-Holter scored 16, Roderick Pearson 12, Warren Niles 11 and Steven Roundtree 10 for Oral Roberts, which shot 60 percent (30 of 50).
In losing for only the second time at home, the Bison (15-8, 8-5) were paced by 19 points from Mike Felt. Lawrence Alexander had 16 points and nine assists, while Taylor Braun scored 13, Marshall Bjorklund 12 and Eric Carlson 10.
Niles scored on consecutive possessions to lift the Golden Eagles from a 22-20 deficit into the lead with 6:20 left in the first half. They never trailed again.
- College of Charleston beats Georgia Southern 90-72
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin