SIU-Edwardsville trips Eastern Kentucky 80-74Saturday, Feb 4, 2012
Wickware had four 3-pointers and four assists for the Cougars (7-14, 5-7 Ohio Valley), who won their second in a row. Mark Yelovich added 20 points and Jerome Jones 15.
Mike DiNunno’s 20 points led the Colonels (13-12, 6-6), who made 27 baskets to the Cougars’ 23 but were outshot 56 percent to 47 percent. D’Mitri Riggs scored 15 points and Joshua Jones 14.
The big difference came at the free throw line. The Colonels committed 27 fouls and had two players foul out, whereas Southern Illinois-Edwardsville was whistled only 11 times. Eastern Kentucky made 14 of 17 free throws, but the Cougars sank 25 of 34.
Two free throws by Wickware broke a 57-57 tie with 7:33 left, and Yelovich followed with a 3-pointer to put the Cougars ahead to stay.
- SIU-Edwardsville trips Eastern Kentucky 80-74
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims