The Dragons (19-5, 11-2) faced a battle against Towson (1-24, 1-12), which trailed by two points midway through the second half.
Towson’s Marcus Damas helped keep it close. He scored 26 points, grabbed eight rebounds, hit six 3-pointers and was 8 for 9 at the foul line. Teammate Robert Nwankwo contributed a double-double, with 12 points and 13 rebounds.
But Massenat, who also dished out six assists, was perfect from the foul line, making all 15 attempts. As a team, Drexel was 22 for 28, Towson 19 of 27. The Dragons, tied atop the CAA with George Mason and Virginia Commonwealth, made 7 of 14 treys to Towson’s 6 for 15.
Drexel hit 18 of 44 field goal attempts (40.9 percent) and Towson was 16 of 44 (36.4 percent).
- Lute Olson's retirement, explained
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- Arkansas using overseas trip to help mesh overhauled roster
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges