Iowa State (17-6, 7-3 Big 12) had 15 3-point baskets (in 30 attempts), one shy of tying a school record for makes.
Andrew Fitzgerald scored 27 points for the Sooners (13-9, 3-7), who focused on shutting down ISU leading scorer Royce White. White finished with three points, taking his only field goal attempt with 1:38 remaining.
Scott Christopherson added 15 points, Chris Babb 12, Chris Allen 11 and Tyrus McGee 10 for the Cyclones, who have won three in row.
- Iowa State defeats Oklahoma 77-70
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four