Odum leads Portland State past N. Arizona 76-65Saturday, Feb 4, 2012
Michael Harthun scored 12 points, Chehales Tapscott had 11, and Renado Parker and Nate Lozeau added 10 apiece for Portland State (11-12, 5-6 Big Sky), which snapped a three-game losing streak.
Ephraim Ekanem led the Lumberjacks (5-19, 1-11) with 14 points and eight rebounds.
The Lumberjacks have lost 11 straight, their longest losing streak since dropping their final 14 games of the 1988-89 season.
Portland State gained separation late in the first half, turning a tie game into a 15-point lead in five minutes’ time. Harthun sparked a 17-2 run with six straight points, giving the Vikings a 41-26 halftime lead.
Northern Arizona cut a 17-point deficit to eight with just under eight minutes left, but Odum scored 13 points in the final seven minutes.
- Odum leads Portland State past N. Arizona 76-65
- NC State waiting on NCAA answer on Yurtseven's eligibility
- Abdul-Jabbar writing book about UCLA coach John Wooden
- New Florida AD Stricklin embraces task of following Foley
- Puerto Rico Tipoff moves to Orlando due to Zika concerns
- SoCon officials delay decision on moving championships