Jamar scored 10 points in a 12-2 Grizzlies run that ballooned a 37-34 advantage to 49-36 with under 13 minutes to play.
The Bobcats (11-11, 6-5 Big Sky) got within 56-53 on a 3-pointer by Christian Moon with 4:31 to play. Selvig answered by sandwiching two 3-pointers around a basket by Montana State’s Mohammed Fall to make it 62-55 and end the Bobcats’ run.
Will Cherry added 11 points for the Grizzlies (16-6, 9-1), who took a 5-4 lead on an early 3-pointer by Jamar and never trailed the rest of the way.
Jourdain Allou led Montana State with 15 points and Tre Johnson added 11. The Bobcats shot just 38 percent from the field, including 2 of 16 from 3-point range.
- Montana beats in-state rival Montana State 67-58
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2