Maryland-Eastern Shore surges past Howard 78-65Saturday, Feb 4, 2012
Haley scored 10 points during a 29-11 run to start the second half that gave the Hawks (5-16, 2-6 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) a 55-36 lead with 10:49 remaining. Hines scored eight and Woods seven during the run.
Maryland-Eastern Shore led 26-25 at halftime after scoring the final five points of the half.
Simuel Frazier scored 20 points and Brandon Ford 16 for Howard (5-18, 2-8), both career highs for the two freshman guards. Prince Okoroh added 14.
Howard played part of the first half and the entire second half without junior forward Mike Phillips, who was injured after a serious fall under the Bison basket. Maryland-Eastern Shore was called for an intentional foul and Phillips received stitches and suffered a slight concussion.
- Breakfast Buffet: NCAA rules committee proposes a charge circle
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Police: South Carolina guard Felder kicked officers
- Clemson looking to end NCAA Tournament drought this season
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner