LIU-Brooklyn defeats Central Connecticut St. 95-81Saturday, Feb 4, 2012
BROOKVILLE, N.Y. (AP)—Jamal Olasewere scored 17 points to lead five LIU-Brooklyn players in double figures in a 95-81 win over Central Connecticut State on Saturday.
Leading 56-51 early in the second half, LIU put the game out of reach with a 17-2 run to lead 73-53 after a layup by Michael Culpo with 10:44 remaining. LIU built a 24-point lead and CCSU could get no closer than 15 points the rest of the way.
The Blackbirds, who lead the Northeast Conference, have won 21 straight at home and four in a row against the Blue Devils.
Julian Boyd and C.J. Garner each added 16 points, Jason Brickman had 14 and Culpo 13 for the Blackbirds (17-7, 11-1), who have won 12 of their past 13 games.
Ken Horton had 29 points and 10 rebounds, and Robby Ptacek chipped in with 24 points for the Blue Devils (10-12, 7-5).
- LIU-Brooklyn defeats Central Connecticut St. 95-81
- Peter Jok scores 23, Iowa upsets No. 25 Iowa State 78-64
- No. 2 UCLA returns to college basketball's upper echelon
- Late free throw gives Indiana State win over No. 16 Butler
- No. 7 North Carolina holds off Davidson 83-74
- Watson scores season-high 25, No. 10 Creighton beats Huskers