Mangano, who also had 10 rebounds, hit a tying 3-pointer with 2:31 remaining to start a 10-0 closing run for the Bulldogs (14-5, 4-1). They trail league leader Harvard by one game and lead Penn (11-10, 3-1) by a half-game.
Austin Morgan’s layup put Yale ahead to stay, 55-53 with 1:17 left, and the Bulldogs secured the win with five free throws down the stretch. The Quakers missed their final seven shots from the field.
Morgan and Michael Grace scored 11 points each for Yale.
Zack Rosen scored 16 to lead Penn, including his 1,500th career point, and he moved into seventh on the Quakers’ all-time list.
Mangano moved just ahead of Rosen in the Ivy League scoring race, 18.9 points per game to 18.7.
- Yale passes Penn in Ivy standings with 60-53 win
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four