S. Dakota St. snaps Oral Roberts win streak 75-60Thursday, Feb 2, 2012
South Dakota State (18-6, 10-2 Summit League) asserted itself as the front-runner with a 15-2 lead inside the game’s first seven minutes, precipitated by three turnovers and 1 of 7 shooting by Oral Roberts (20-5, 12-1). South Dakota State led 34-23 at halftime.
Oral Roberts had been undefeated in conference play coming into the game, having won 19 consecutive Summit League games dating to last season, but was undone by 3 of 13 3-point shooting and 15 turnovers.
In the second half, the Golden Eagles would get no closer than 11 in the second half and trailed by as many as 20.
Roderick Pearson and Warren Niles led Oral Roberts with 14 points apiece. Michael Craion and Stever Roundtree added 12 points each.
- S. Dakota St. snaps Oral Roberts win streak 75-60
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims