Jeremy Allen added 11 points and Cameron Bell 10 for the Golden Panthers (6-15, 3-6 Sun Belt Conference), who snapped a two-game slide with solid free-throw shooting. Bell led the way with a 6-for-6 showing at the stripe.
FIU was 18 of 24 from the foul line overall (75 percent) compared to just 4 of 12 (33.3 percent) by the Trojans.
The Golden Panthers held just a 28-25 advantage at intermission but pulled away in the second half, outscoring Troy 35-25 to seal the victory.
FIU outrebounded Troy 39-35 and forced 12 Trojans turnovers.
Alan Jones scored 13 points to pace the Trojans (7-14, 2-8), who have lost three consecutive games and five of six.
Phil Taylor, who scored nine points for FIU, had a game-high six assists.
- Lee, Illinois State top No. 21 Wichita State 58-53
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 5 Xavier finds shooting touch in 74-57 blowout at Butler
- No. 10 West Virginia routs TCU 73-42
- Barber's career-high 38 help NC State beat Wake Forest 99-88
- Wichita St.-Illinois St. Preview
- No. 22 Kentucky blows out South Carolina 89-62
- Rosco Allen's 25 leads Stanford past No. 11 Oregon 76-72
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56
- No. 20 Providence ends skid with 75-72 win over Georgetown
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro