Jacksonville State beats UT-Martin 85-74Thursday, Feb 2, 2012
Dion Waiters had 14, Darion Rackley 13, Brian Williams 12 and Tarvin Gaines scored 10 for the Gamecocks who shot 56.6 percent (30 of 53) from the field.
There were five ties and five lead changes in the first half before Jacksonville State (9-16, 4-7 Ohio Valley Conference) took the lead for good, 24-22, behind a three-point play by Boggs.
The Gamecocks (4-20, 1-10) took a 35-33 lead into halftime and led throughout the entire second half, outscoring Tennessee-Martin 50-41 during the period.
Despite shooting 61.9 percent (26 of 41), the Skyhawks lost the rebounding battle 23-18 and committed 14 turnovers.
Jacksonville State connected of 23 of 24 free throws and outscored Tennessee-Martin 32-18 on bench points and 42-36 in the paint.
- Wisconsin hair secret revealed: Bruesewitz has a perm
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case