NEW YORK (AP)—Jason Brickman scored 15 points to lead all of LIU-Brooklyn’s starters in double figures, and the Blackbirds defeated Bryant 75-70 Thursday night.
C.J. Garner and Julian Boyd scored 12 points each, Jamal Olasewere 11 and Michael Culp 10 for LIU (16-7, 10-1 Northeast Conference).
The Blackbirds shot 40 percent from 3-point range (6 of 15), including 4 of 4 from Brandon Thompson in their fifth straight win. The Bulldogs (2-21, 1-10) made 2 of 18 from behind the arc.
LIU trailed 29-27 with 8:33 left in the first half before going on a 9-4 run. Olasewere’s free throw gave the Blackbirds a 36-33 lead with 3:27 left until halftime, and it would remain close.
Bryant pulled within 72-70 with 11 seconds left but LIU went 3 of 4 from the line to seal it.
Alex Francis had 20 points and 11 rebounds for the Bulldogs, who lost their eighth straight.
- Penn 70, La Salle 79
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims