The 43 points matched the second-highest output in Gaels history, tying Sean Green’s total in a Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference tournament game versus Siena on March 3, 1991. Jones’ total is also a Hines Center record.
Iona (18-5, 10-2), which has scored 100 points or more four times this season, set a season-high with Thursday night’s total.
The Gaels led by four points at intermission and outscored Canisius 54-39 in the second to seal it.
Scott Machado added 14 points and 14 assists, while Michael Glover had 12 points and 11 rebounds for the Gaels. Iona has won three straight games and five of six.
Gaby Belardo had 27 points and Alshwan Hymes scored 23 to pace the Golden Griffins (4-18, 1-11), who have lost six straight contests.
- Stanley Pringle, library masturbator, re-enters the public spotlight
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four