Bernardi helps Houston Baptist top N. Dakota 69-62Thursday, Feb 2, 2012
Bernardi broke a 60-60 tie with a pair of free throws and followed with a three-point play to help the Huskies (7-14, 1-3 Great West) snap a four-game losing streak.
Terry Bembry added 17 points for Houston Baptist.
Troy Huff led North Dakota (10-11, 2-2) with 18 points, including a dunk that tied the game at 60 with 2:30 to play. Jordan Allard added 12 points and 10 rebounds.
Both teams shot 41 percent from the floor, but North Dakota hit just 14 of 26 free throws and committed 21 turnovers, leading to 27 points for the Huskies.
Bernardi’s five-point spurt broke what was the 11th tie in a back-and-forth contest that saw six lead changes.
- Roy Williams kicks out heckling fan at the Dean Dome
- Gillon's 3 at buzzer lifts Syracuse past No. 10 Duke 78-75
- Brooks' 3 leads No. 6 Oregon past Cal 68-65
- UNC: fan ejected after exchange with Louisville's Pitino
- Minnesota beats No. 24 Maryland 89-75 for 6th straight win
- Michigan beats Rutgers 68-64 behind Wilson's double-double