Cal State-Fullerton (14-7, 6-3 Big West) led by as many as 32 points and trailed only once, for less than a minute, within the first three minutes of the game before embarking on a tear that resulted in a 43-29 halftime lead. The Titans shot 57.4 percent, including 47.6 percent on 3-pointers, for the game.
Cal Poly (13-10, 4-6) was led in scoring by Will Taylor’s 10 points. Jordan Lewis and Will Donahue added nine apiece for the Mustangs, whose bright spot was receiving 33 bench points.
Kwame Vaughn had 14 points, nine assists and seven rebounds for the Titans. He scored 12 of his points in the second half.
- Cal State-Fullerton routs Cal Poly 83-61
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look