Quinnipiac defeats Fairleigh Dickinson 65-48Thursday, Feb 2, 2012
After neither team scored for the opening 3:13, the Bobcats (12-10, 5-6 Northeast Conference) went on an 11-2 run and never trailed. They led 29-19 at halftime and never by fewer than five points in the second half.
As it has all season, Quinnipiac dominated the boards. The nation’s No. 2 team in rebounding margin had a 45-30 edge against the Knights (2-20, 1-10). In addition to Azotam, whose double-double was his 11th this season, Dave Johnson had 11 rebounds and Ousmane Drame had 10.
Fairleigh Dickinson also shot ineffectively, making 1 of 13 from 3-point range and 17 of 53 (32.1 percent) overall.
Garvey Young added 13 points and James Johnson 10 for Quinnipiac.
George Goode led Fairleigh Dickinson with 16 points and Melquan Bolding had 12.
- Quinnipiac defeats Fairleigh Dickinson 65-48
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0