Siakam added nine rebounds for the Jaguars (9-15, 3-9 Summit League), who ended a seven-game losing streak.
Sean Esposito sank four 3-pointers among his 18 points, Ian Chiles scored 15 and Alex Young had 14, reaching double digits for the 14th straight game.
Travis Bader hit six 3-pointers and scored 20 points to pace the Golden Grizzlies (12-13, 6-7). Reggie Hamilton added 18 points and Laval Lucas-Perry 11. Drew Valentine grabbed 12 rebounds.
Trailing 59-57, IUPUI went on a game-turning 7-0 run to take a 64-59 lead with 7:43 to go. Oakland got within one point four times after that, the last at 76-75 with 33 seconds left, but Young made a free throw and Esposito two to close it out.
The teams split the season series.
- Siakam leads IUPUI past Oakland, Mich., 79-75
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0