Georgia State defeats UNC Wilmington 68-53Wednesday, Feb 1, 2012
WILMINGTON, N.C. (AP)—Eric Buckner scored 17 points and Jihad Ali added 16 to lead Georgia State to a 68-53 victory over UNC Wilmington on Wednesday night in a Colonial Athletic Association game.
Buckner also grabbed nine rebounds and Ali eight for the Panthers (15-8, 7-5), who had lost their two previous games.
With the score tied 11-11 and 8:28 remaining in the first half, Ali made a layup and then a 3-pointer 31 seconds later to launch a 15-0 Georgia State run. The Panthers never led by fewer than nine points the rest of the way.
Donte Morales scored 14 points and Keith Rendleman had 12 points and 13 rebounds for the Seahawks (8-14, 4-8), who have dropped four in a row, including a 66-61 loss to Towson on Saturday that snapped the Tigers’ 41-game losing streak.
Georgia State also defeated UNC Wilmington 75-61 on Jan. 12.
- Tennessee State upsets No. 9 Murray State 72-68
- Texas basketball coach Smart gets raise, contract extension
- Alabama signs Southern Illinois grad transfer Olaniyan
- Calipari hosts charity softball for Louisiana flood relief
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Tennessee St.-Murray St. Preview
- Former Michigan State star Appling charged in new case
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team