New Mexico routs Air Force 81-42By ARNIE STAPLETON, AP Sports Writer Wednesday, Feb 1, 2012
With their third straight win, the Lobos (18-4, 4-2) moved within a half-game of Mountain West co-leaders No. 11 UNLV and No. 17 San Diego State, the two schools that handed them early losses in conference play.
The Falcons (11-9, 1-5) lost their fifth straight. Their previous worst loss at home was by 38 points in a 90-52 loss to BYU last Feb. 9.
Phillip McDonald and Demetrius Walker each added 11 points for the Lobos, who led by as many as 44 points.
- Being ‘an absolute jerk’ cost Kris Humphries a Kansas offer
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach