Texas-Pan American defeats Houston Baptist 81-71Saturday, Jan 28, 2012
Jared Maree added 14 points and Earl Jefferson had a career-high 13 for the Broncs (7-16, 2-1 Great West), whose seven victories are their most in three seasons.
Terry Bembry led the Huskies (6-13, 0-3) with 17 points. Tyler Russell scored 16 and Marcus Davis 15 as Houston Baptist dropped its fourth in a row.
Texas-Pan American led 55-54 before exploding with a 12-2 spurt to forge a 67-56 lead with 6:11 left. The Broncs extended the edge to 76-60 with 3:48 remaining.
The Huskies shot 53.2 percent (25 of 47) in a losing effort.
- Family tragedy spurs UCLA coach Ben Howland to action
- UNC: Pinson out indefinitely with broken bone in right foot
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim has a sudden wealth of depth
- Izzo isn't sure what to expect from new-look Michigan State
- NCAA accuses Louisville, Pitino of violations in escort case