RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) - Casper Ware scored 11 of his 18 points in overtime, leading Long Beach State to a 77-70 victory over UC Riverside on Thursday night.
James Ennis scored 16 points and hit the 3-pointer that put the 49ers ahead to stay with 3:09 left in overtime.
T.J. Robinson had his 48th career double-double with 10 points and 15 rebounds for Long Beach State (15-6, 8-0 Big West). Larry Anderson added 15 points and Eugene Phelps 12.
Phil Martin scored 31 points for the Highlanders (10-10, 4-3), who dropped their second straight. David Chavarria added 10.
Long Beach State won its eighth in a row and ran its Big West regular-season winning streak to 16 games.
The 49ers shot only 39 percent but sank 26 of 36 free throws to 8 of 11 for the Highlanders. The lead changed hands 15 times, and neither team led by more than eight.
- Long Beach St. 77, UC Riverside 70
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Memphis AD's statement on rash of transfers badly misses the mark