The Panthers (14-8, 7-3 Horizon) held Butler to five field goals in the second half and moved to 10-1 at home. The final score matched Milwaukee’s biggest lead of the game.
Andrew Smith led the Bulldogs (12-10, 6-4) with 11 points and Ronald Nored had nine points and nine rebounds. Butler held a 21-13 lead with 6 minutes left in the first half, but the Panthers closed the gap to 25-24 by the break.
Milwaukee began the second half on a 13-1 run and limited Butler to 28 percent shooting in the game. The Bulldogs made only one of their 16 3-point tries.
Butler’s 10 losses equal the total from last season’s national runner-up team, which went 28-10.
- Whatever happened to Harold Miner, the original 'Baby Jordan'?
- Judge to review surveillance video in Appling gun case
- Arkansas using overseas trip to help mesh overhauled roster
- Former Chicago high school basketball standout gunned down
- Former Houston guard L.J. Rose to transfer to BYU
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout