Davidson tops Chattanooga 64-63 for 8th win in rowThursday, Jan 26, 2012
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP)—JP Kuhlman scored 13 of his 16 points in the second half and Nik Cochran hit the winning free throw with 1 second remaining as Davidson defeated Chattanooga 64-63 Thursday night for its eighth consecutive victory.
The Wildcats (15-4, 9-0 Southern Conference) led 62-55 with 1:21 to play but the Mocs went on an 8-1 run, tying the game at 63 on Keegan Bell’s 3-pointer with 5 seconds left.
Cochran missed his second of two free throws, but Chattanooga couldn’t get another shot off.
Kuhlman scored three baskets, including a pair of 3-pointers, during an 11-2 Davidson run early in the second half to help the Wildcats take a 10-point lead, 40-30, with 16:43 remaining.
Jake Cohen added 10 points and De’Mon Brooks 10 rebounds for Davidson.
Ricky Taylor led the Mocs with 14 points, and Drazen Zlovaric, Dontay Hampton and Jared Bryant had 10 each.
- The Pump brothers frighten me
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach