Davidson tops Chattanooga 64-63 for 8th win in rowThursday, Jan 26, 2012
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP)—JP Kuhlman scored 13 of his 16 points in the second half and Nik Cochran hit the winning free throw with 1 second remaining as Davidson defeated Chattanooga 64-63 Thursday night for its eighth consecutive victory.
The Wildcats (15-4, 9-0 Southern Conference) led 62-55 with 1:21 to play but the Mocs went on an 8-1 run, tying the game at 63 on Keegan Bell’s 3-pointer with 5 seconds left.
Cochran missed his second of two free throws, but Chattanooga couldn’t get another shot off.
Kuhlman scored three baskets, including a pair of 3-pointers, during an 11-2 Davidson run early in the second half to help the Wildcats take a 10-point lead, 40-30, with 16:43 remaining.
Jake Cohen added 10 points and De’Mon Brooks 10 rebounds for Davidson.
Ricky Taylor led the Mocs with 14 points, and Drazen Zlovaric, Dontay Hampton and Jared Bryant had 10 each.
- UNC Wilmington coach apologizes for over-the-top punishment
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul