Tennessee Tech drops Eastern Kentucky 82-65Thursday, Jan 26, 2012
Jud Dillard was the only other player in double figures, scoring 14 points for the Golden Eagles (13-8, 5-3 Ohio Valley Conference) and going 8 of 9 from the charity stripe. Tennessee Tech outshot Eastern Kentucky from the line, going 27 of 29 (93.1 percent) to 15 of 19 (78.9 percent).
The Golden Eagles opened on a 20-9 run, getting 10 points from Murphy during the spree, and cruised from there.
Tennessee Tech led 36-26 at the break and outscored Eastern Kentucky 46-39 in the second half to seal it.
Jaron Jones had 23 points to lead the Colonels (12-10, 5-4).
Tennessee Tech has won two straight games, as Eastern Kentucky had a streak of consecutive wins snapped.
- Tennessee Tech drops Eastern Kentucky 82-65
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember