Mosley helps Northwestern State defeat Lamar 74-62Wednesday, Jan 25, 2012
Mosley’s third block, on Charlie Harper’s layup with 16 minutes remaining, moved him past former NBA great Shaquille O’Neal into 19th on the NCAA career blocked shots list. The Demons’ senior now has 416 blocks.
Louis Ellis scored 19 points and Shamir Davis 17 as Northwestern State (11-9, 4-2 Southland Conference) defeated Lamar for the fourth straight time.
The Demons led 32-30 at halftime, before shooting 62.5 percent from the field (15 of 24).
With it tied at 34 early in the second half, Northwestern State got five points from Ellis and four from Davis to go up 43-34 with 15:56 remaining. Lamar would trail the rest of the way.
Mike James led the Cardinals (12-8, 3-3) with 18 points and Anthony Miles added 15.
- Mosley helps Northwestern State defeat Lamar 74-62
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2