Old Dominion beats UNC Wilmington 53-48Wednesday, Jan 25, 2012
WILMINGTON, N.C. (AP)—Kent Bazemore had 17 points and Old Dominion sank three free throws in the game’s final 23 seconds, lifting the Monarchs to a 53-48 win over UNC Wilmington on Wednesday night to keep them in the Colonial Athletic Association race.
Keith Rendleman’s layup brought the Seahawks to within 50-48, but Marquel De Lancey, Dimitri Batten and Bazemore each sank one foul shot in the final seconds to seal it for the Monarchs (13-9, 8-2).
Chris Cooper notched a double-double for Old Dominion, scoring 12 points and grabbing 11 boards.
Adam Smith led UNC Wilmington (8-12, 4-6) with 18 points, while Rendleman finished with 12 points and 17 rebounds.
The Monarchs have won two consecutive games, while the Seahawks have lost two straight.
- Old Dominion beats UNC Wilmington 53-48
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims