Old Dominion beats UNC Wilmington 53-48Wednesday, Jan 25, 2012
WILMINGTON, N.C. (AP)—Kent Bazemore had 17 points and Old Dominion sank three free throws in the game’s final 23 seconds, lifting the Monarchs to a 53-48 win over UNC Wilmington on Wednesday night to keep them in the Colonial Athletic Association race.
Keith Rendleman’s layup brought the Seahawks to within 50-48, but Marquel De Lancey, Dimitri Batten and Bazemore each sank one foul shot in the final seconds to seal it for the Monarchs (13-9, 8-2).
Chris Cooper notched a double-double for Old Dominion, scoring 12 points and grabbing 11 boards.
Adam Smith led UNC Wilmington (8-12, 4-6) with 18 points, while Rendleman finished with 12 points and 17 rebounds.
The Monarchs have won two consecutive games, while the Seahawks have lost two straight.
- Old Dominion beats UNC Wilmington 53-48
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four