Bernardini leads Penn past Saint Joseph’s 84-80Saturday, Jan 21, 2012
PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Tyler Bernardini scored 24 points and three other Penn players scored in double figures in an 84-80 win over Saint Joseph’s on Saturday night.
Zack Rosen finished with 16 points, eight assists but had a game-high six turnovers for the Quakers (10-9), who have won three straight. Miles Cartwright and Rob Belcore each had 12 points.
Penn never trailed and led by as many as 23 points early in the second half. But the Quakers struggled to hold off Saint Joseph’s late rally attempt, before Penn held on for the victory.
Langston Galloway scored 32 points and grabbed six rebounds for the Hawks (12-8), who lost their third in a row. Carl Jones had 16 points and five turnovers, C.J. Aiken had 13 points, and Chris Wilson added 11 points and six assists.
Saint Joseph’s lost despite knocking down 12 3-pointers. Penn made eight from beyond the arc.
- New Utah coach angry Josh Sharp may bolt for an in-state rival
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul
- Georgetown-Syracuse December game to honor Pearl Washington