Jones, Ball State handle Northern Illinois 75-65Saturday, Jan 21, 2012
Chris Bond added 14 points, Jesse Berry came off the bench to score 12 and Randy Davis had 11 points and six assists for the Cardinals (12-5, 4-1 Mid-American).
Abdel Nader scored 26 points, including four 3-pointers, to pace the Huskies (2-15, 1-4), who lost their second in a row.
Ball State shot 54 percent (27 of 50) in winning for the sixth time in seven games. Both teams went 8 of 20 from 3-point range.
The game turned in the final 2:30 of the first half. With the score tied at 28, the Cardinals closed with a 9-0 burst for a 37-28 halftime edge.
Ball State ran its record to 9-0 when it scores at least 70 points.
- Jones, Ball State handle Northern Illinois 75-65
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel