Reggie Chamberlain had 11 points and five assists for the Kangaroos (9-13, 3-7 Summit League), who shot 53.7 percent (22 of 41) from the floor.
Alex Young had 26 points for the Jaguars (8-14, 2-8), who lost their fifth in a row and ninth straight road game. Stephen Thomas added 12 points and Ian Chiles 10.
UMKC made 6 of 7 free throws in the final 2:22 to hold off IUPUI. Chiles had the final shot, but his 55-foot desperation heave misfired as the buzzer sounded.
- Hall, Stanton lead UMKC over IUPUI 64-62
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look