Cal Poly-SLO defeats Cal St Northridge 100-54Saturday, Jan 21, 2012
SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. (AP)—Chris Eversley scored 19 points and Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo tied an NCAA record by making 11 consecutive 3-point attempts en route to a 100-54 victory against Cal State Northridge on Saturday night.
Will Taylor added 18 points and 10 rebounds and Kyle Odister and David Hanson had 14 points each for the Mustangs (12-8, 3-4 Big West), who shot 60.7 percent (34 of 56) from the floor.
Cal Poly made 15 of 21 (71.4 percent) shots from behind the arc, including its first 11. That streak tied the mark set by two schools a week apart in January 1987: Niagara against Siena and Eastern Kentucky against UNC-Asheville.
Michael Lizarraga had 11 points and 10 rebounds for the Matadors (5-12, 2-5).
The competitive phase of the game ended quickly, as the Mustangs used a 20-2 run to take a 31-8 cushion with 8:13 remaining in the first half. The Mustangs held Cal State Northridge without a field goal for nearly seven minutes.
- Cal Poly-SLO defeats Cal St Northridge 100-54
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan
- Alabama AD completes cancer treatment, cleared to go home
- Iowa forward Dale Jones gets 6th year of eligibility