Taylor, Wisconsin charge past Northwestern 77-57Wednesday, Jan 18, 2012
MADISON, Wis. (AP)—Jordan Taylor scored nine of his 15 points during a 17-2 run early in the second half, hitting three 3-pointers in a 1:38 span, to lead Wisconsin to a 77-57 rout of Northwestern on Wednesday night.
Ryan Evans scored 17, Mike Bruesewitz 13 and Josh Gasser 10 as the Badgers (15-5, 4-3 Big Ten) won their third straight and posted their 14th straight victory over the Wildcats (12-6, 2-4) in Madison.
John Shurna scored 19 points and Drew Crawford 17 for the Wildcats, who were coming off an 81-74 upset of Michigan State.
Wisconsin finished 12 for 23 on 3-pointers—the Badgers were a dismal 10 for 68 from beyond the arc over their first three Big Ten games at the Kohl Center.
Wisconsin led just 38-36 after Crawford hit a jumper 2:28 into the second half. But Taylor started the decisive run 24 seconds later with a 3-pointer.
- Competing against NBA guards will help Nolan Smith become one
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul
- Georgetown-Syracuse December game to honor Pearl Washington