Eastern Michigan tips Western Michigan in OT 62-59Wednesday, Jan 18, 2012
Jamell Harris grabbed 10 rebounds for the Eagles (8-10, 3-1 Mid-American), who won their second in a row.
Nate Hutcheson scored 21 points and Matt Stainbrook 12 for the Broncos (8-10, 2-2).
Western Michigan enjoyed a nine-point lead at 35-26 early in the second half.
But Sims’ 3-pointer tied it 50-50 with 59 seconds to play. Green’s 3-pointer gave Eastern Michigan a 53-50 edge with 5 seconds left—its only lead in regulation—before Hutcheson drilled a 3-pointer at the buzzer to force overtime.
Stainbrook put the Broncos ahead early in overtime, but then DaShonte Riley, Green and Harris hit consecutive baskets to give the Eagles a 59-55 lead with 1:21 left.
Eastern Michigan helped offset 37.7 percent shooting (20 of 53) by making 8 of 17 3-pointers.
- Eastern Michigan tips Western Michigan in OT 62-59
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four