Hummel leads Purdue past Iowa 75-68By CLIFF BRUNT, AP Sports Writer Tuesday, Jan 17, 2012
Hummel also had 11 rebounds and affected the game in many ways, despite shooting just 5 for 14 from the field.
Lewis Jackson scored 14 points, Ryne Smith scored 12, Kelsey Barlow had 11 points and seven rebounds and Terone Johnson added 10 points for the Boilermakers (14-5, 4-2 Big Ten), who bounced back from a 67-62 loss to Wisconsin that ended their 26-game home winning streak.
Zach McCabe scored 20 points, Roy Devyn Marble had 18 and Matt Gatens added 12 for the Hawkeyes (11-9, 3-4), who were coming off a 75-59 win over Michigan. The Hawkeyes led by 11 points in the first half, but didn’t shoot well after that.
Purdue swept the season series, having won 79-76 in Iowa City on Dec. 28.
- Hummel leads Purdue past Iowa 75-68
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Oregon shut down Kansas to advance to Final Four
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy