Morehead State edges Eastern Kentucky 57-54Saturday, Jan 14, 2012
The Eagles (9-10, 3-3 Ohio Valley Conference) shot 50 percent (10 of 20) in the second half to the Colonels’ 23.8 percent (5 of 21). The game, tied 25-25 at halftime, was tied for the 11th time at 45-45 with 4:09 left.
Warner’s 3-pointer started a 9-1 run that gave Morehead State a 54-46 lead with 1:29 left, but Eastern Kentucky (10-9, 4-3) answered with an 8-0 burst for a 54-54 tie with 45 seconds to play.
A free throw by Kelly gave the Eagles a one-point lead, and after a missed shot by the Colonels, Warner added two free throws with 6 seconds left.
Jaron Jones scored 15 points, D’Mitri Riggs 13 and Mike DiNunno 12 for Eastern Kentucky.
- Extra Onions: Even on Memorial Day, the hoops links roll on
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs