LEWISTON, N.Y. (AP)—Freshman Juan’ya Green scored 20 points, making all 11 of his free throws, as Niagara cruised to an 85-73 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference win over Saint Peter’s on Friday night to snap a two-game skid.
Antoine Mason added 19 points and Marvin Jordan 18 for the Purple Eagles (7-11, 2-4), who ended a four-game losing streak in the series.
Niagara led 10-0 after the Peacocks failed to score for the first 5:35, and the Purple Eagles went into halftime ahead 45-31.
After Saint Peter’s (3-14, 2-4), the defending MAAC champion, got to 57-48 on Chris Prescott’s 3-pointer with 12:44 left, Scooter Gillette dunked and Josh Turner made a 3-pointer to push the lead back into double figures for good.
Prescott scored 22 points and Lamin Fulton added 17 for Saint Peter’s, which has lost 10 of its last 11.
The Peacocks had a 40-31 rebounding advantage, including 12 offensive boards.
- Two tied for Tourney Pick’em heading into second weekend
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul