Phelps leads Long Beach State past UC Davis 86-58Friday, Jan 13, 2012
James Ennis added 18 points for the 49ers (11-6, 4-0 Big West). T.J. Robinson and Casper Ware had 12 and 11 points respectively.
Josh Ritchart scored 12 points, Harrison Dupont 11 and Ryan Howley 10 for UC Davis (1-15, 0-4).
The Aggies stayed close in the first half. After falling behind 8-0 and 14-2 in the early going, UC Davis rallied and pulled within 23-21 after a three-point play by Alex Tiffin with 5:50 left in the half. Phelps and Ware responded with baskets as the 49ers pulled away for a 35-29 halftime lead.
Phelps scored nine points during an 11-1 run to start the second half as Long Beach turned the game into a rout. The 49ers led by as many as 29 points in the closing minutes.
- Phelps leads Long Beach State past UC Davis 86-58
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four