Eastern Illinois rolls to 68-55 win over UT-MartinThursday, Jan 12, 2012
CHARLESTON, Ill. (AP)—L.C. Doss had 19 points, including five 3-pointers, to lead Eastern Illinois to a 68-55 victory Thursday night over UT-Martin.
Doss was 7 of 12 from the field, including 5 of 7 from 3-point range. Jeremy Granger added 12 points and Joey Miller scored 11 for the Panthers (9-6, 2-1 Ohio Valley), who won their third straight.
Myles Taylor led the Skyhawks (3-16, 0-6) with 18 points. Mike Liabo, UT-Martin’s leading scorer coming in, had 13 points but was just 5 of 17 from the field.
Eastern Illinois closed the first half on a 10-2 run to lead 32-19 at halftime. The Panthers kept up the pressure in the second half, as two Miller jumpers and a Granger 3-pointer gave them a 39-21 lead.
After a Troy King dunk pulled the Skyhawks within 52-41 with 10:02 to play, an 8-0 run by the Panthers helped put the game away.
- Eastern Illinois rolls to 68-55 win over UT-Martin
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims