OREM, Utah (AP)—Isiah Williams scored 22 points Saturday night to propel Utah Valley to a 77-72 victory over Seattle.
Keith Thompson added 17 points and Holton Hunsaker 11 for the Wolverines (8-10), who had lost their last two. Ben Aird grabbed 12 rebounds.
Eric Wallace scored 18 points and Aaron Broussard put up a double-double of 15 points and 11 rebounds for the Redhawks (3-10), who dropped their second in a row.
Utah Valley led 40-28 at halftime but had to fight off a late Seattle rally.
Cervante Burrell’s jumper lifted the Redhawks into a 70-70 tie with 2:43 to play.
Hunsaker responded with a 3-pointer 42 seconds later before Burrell scored again to trim it to 73-72 with 1:32 left.
But Seattle missed four shots in the final 29 seconds, while Utah Valley went 4 of 5 from the line.
The teams will face each other again Friday in Seattle.
- Williams, Utah Valley escape Seattle rally 77-72
- No. 9 Baylor holds on 60-54 over Oklahoma to stay in 2nd
- Adebayo's double-double lifts No. 11 Kentucky over Missouri
- No. 25 Wichita State rolls right through Evansville, 109-83
- Big second half leads Illinois over Northwestern 66-50
- Wolfpack sting Georgia Tech, end 7-game slide