North Florida edges Florida Gulf Coast 88-81 in OTSaturday, Jan 7, 2012
After Jerron Granberry, who finished with 21 points for the Ospreys (9-8, 3-1 Atlantic Sun Conference), hit a 3-pointer to put them up 77-75 with 2:23 to play in regulation, the defenses took over. Neither team scored for the next 1:50, with both Smith and Granberry missing 3s while Florida Gulf Coast (6-9, 2-3) couldn’t sink two free throws and then lost a turnover.
Brett Cromer had a layup for the Eagles with 32 seconds left to knot it at 77-all, but he couldn’t finish the foul shot for the possible three-point play, sending the game into overtime.
Andy Diaz’s layup to open OT was followed by Smith’s 3-pointer to push the Ospreys’ lead to 82-77, and they cruised from there.
- North Florida edges Florida Gulf Coast 88-81 in OT
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims