North Florida edges Florida Gulf Coast 88-81 in OTSaturday, Jan 7, 2012
After Jerron Granberry, who finished with 21 points for the Ospreys (9-8, 3-1 Atlantic Sun Conference), hit a 3-pointer to put them up 77-75 with 2:23 to play in regulation, the defenses took over. Neither team scored for the next 1:50, with both Smith and Granberry missing 3s while Florida Gulf Coast (6-9, 2-3) couldn’t sink two free throws and then lost a turnover.
Brett Cromer had a layup for the Eagles with 32 seconds left to knot it at 77-all, but he couldn’t finish the foul shot for the possible three-point play, sending the game into overtime.
Andy Diaz’s layup to open OT was followed by Smith’s 3-pointer to push the Ospreys’ lead to 82-77, and they cruised from there.
- North Florida edges Florida Gulf Coast 88-81 in OT
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set